Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

mastershoes

[MF] NeoGeo CD Emulator / 85 Roms / 2 Forwarders

784 posts in this topic

Ok, so I installed the file as per the instructions and I get the message "No IPL" and the emulator quits. DId anyone run into this error? I look in the folders and IPL.TXT is in each of them. I have the folders in the NeoCD folder on the root of the USB drive. The bios files are on the SD card in the bios folder. I think it's only one step away from working. The only thing I could think of at this point is maybe it needs to be renamed IPL.txt or the roms need to be on the SD card instead. It would be great to figure this out. Thanks again.

mastershoes    20005

@manicstonewall

hmmm.. try this. this emulator isn't perfect as far as the config and menu go... although it saw a vast improvement over the last release!

-Make a NeoCD folder on the root of your SD card and put one rom in it.

-If it'll load that rom, exit the rom, then you can access the setting menu, and change to USB in the settings menu. (One glitch in this emu, is that you can't access this menu prior to loading a rom). Once you change the setting and exit the emu, it should load properly everytime thereafter. Please lemme know if this works for you! That's what I had to do to get mine working, and I saw a couple other people had the same issue in the thread for this on gbatemp.

Edited by mastershoes
  • Like 5

@mastershoes

Ok, I am relieved to have figured it out. The problem appears to be the forwarder. When I open the app in Homebrew it shows the games that are on the USB, so the cfg is already set to load USB (I confirmed this by looking at the menu). With the bios and the games are in the right place it does work. This explanation is to help anyone with the same problem. I have it set up like this.

1. "bios" folder on root of SD with the proper bios file inside.

2. each game in it's own individual directory in a folder called "NeoCD" on the root of the USB.

3. Load from Homebrew channel. You see "mounting media" for a split second and then all of the games show up. Select one of the games and Hit A. It will load (you see the bios kicking in with the Neo-Geo CD animation).

It's as easy as that. With the forwarder it's a different story. You see it try to mount media, none show up, and it immediately kicks to the bios Neo-Geo CD animation to try to load a game that isn't there. This process is doomed to end with "No IPL". For some reason it points to the SD card for games when forwarded. I tried the method of putting one ROM on the SD card and it still did not work, even with no harddrive attached.

So to fix this I tried to turn the forwarder wad into a channel using CustomizeMii, using the boot.dol on my SD card as a source. It still does not work. Maybe the current version is incompatible or there is some other forwarder out there that happens to work on my console. If there is a way to use yours that would be great because it looks nice. At this point at least I am able to play! Thank you so much for your contribution. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

mastershoes    20005

@manicstonewall

Happy thanksgiving man! I'm gonna try and figure out your forwarding problem, it's working fine for me over here.. I need to know, do you have the app on the SD or USB? (Mine's on SD).

Edit: Played around a bit with it, putting the app on USB and it was running a little weird for me, settings wouldn't save, etc., kept loading the SD card. Everything works fine for me with the app on the SD, so lemme know how you're runnin it when you get a chance.

Also an Update:

Included the bios folder in the d/l. :whistling:

Edited by mastershoes
  • Like 5