cleverest

My Launchbox collection - how else are you all enjoying the content here?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a collection of about 24,000 titles across over 100 platforms, all browse-able with photos (99% with front covers, a huge chunk with back covers, and many with screenshots and other pics (carts/discs) and a huge chunk with 10-30sec video clips, browse-able and selectable via BIGBOX mode...I freakin' love it.... You can also choose to play a RANDOM game and you never know what the heck is going to launch! Ha!

Does anyone else here use this front-end, or what else are you using, I'm aware of Hyperspin as well, but I find Launchbox to be better for a purely computer interface Vs. an arcade cabinet, but it's a preference thing....Recently Launchbox added nested filters so now in BIGBOX you can choose to search for stuff like:  "Mario" and then "sports" to find very specific titles...it's sweet.

You'd think I'm making money with this, but I have 0 connections to this company/product, I just think it rocks.

Does anyone need any media?  covers, clips, I even have MANUALS for alot of them, and music samples for many of the games, that play as you click on them in the interface, especially the 8 and 16-bit era Nintendo/Sega stuff.

- Matthew

Edited by cleverest
fixes
3 people like this

Hey I'm making my collection too, I follow their tutorials as soon they come out.

I'm dedicating about 10 TB for emulated games, so maybe we can join forces for downloading the games from emulations sites more quickly,  It will be a great feature if you can share your collection to other launchbox users so they can download them.

1 person likes this

That sounds great, but I wonder what the best way to accomplish this would be;  securely  and quickly...perhaps hosting it somehow with Mega.nz or another service that offers encryption?

I'm open to suggestions.

I'd like to start some POLLS too, make it more interactive and fun to engage in building the collection; finding new games...having this collection makes me realize the boatload of great titles I ever played back in the day....

- Brett

I've just recently been looking into launchbox, though I'm tempted to just make custom shortcuts for everything and add them to Steam instead. I only really want it so I have a single list that I can pick any game from, rather than using a bigscreen mode or whatever. Honestly I don't really like Steam's big picture mode anyway, I just use the list view.

Most important to me is getting the Steam controller to play with non-steam games and have customisation, which is a bit of an effort, however it's worth it because the Steam controller is gorgeous. 

P2P would be the best way to share files across launchbox, but since it's a commercial product it's unlikely that they'd implement it. Perhaps an open source launcher may be forthcoming as demand increases? I know I hate having Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG, and all my emulators to trawl through, but Launchbox isn't quite cutting it for me at this moment in time.