Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

addzssdd

Looking for info

4 posts in this topic

addzssdd    0

Hi i am new to all this i have been using Wii backup manager fine for a few days but today it seems to be really slow and even gets stuck at loading from the C drive for about 20 minutes when i only have 2 back up games stored their as seen in the picture.Another problem i have is how can i transfer files over 4GB 

help.png

Varkas    8223

I can't quite say why the program is locking up or taking a long time to load, but I can tell you that disc images automatically get converted to .wbfs format when you use Wii Backup Manager to transfer them to disk. Any image that's bigger than 4GB will get split into two .wbfs, preserving the layer break line in the code. That way large images can fit on FAT32 devices.

ExNihilo    2293

mine always gets slow as the scratch disc starts filling up.  so maybe check how much space is on the drive that the backup manager uses as its temp folder while converting.  its in the settings.

eatyerface$    192

I've had problems with slow load times when my hard drive needed to be defragged but once I did that everything was smooth as butter. <3
And like another person said, if you convert to .wbfs, by default the backup manager will split the game so it's compatible with fat32. I highly recommend .wbfs over .iso because the game gets compressed so you save more space. Popular loaders such as Wiiflow and USB Loader GX support .wbfs no problem.