Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

toddtj

Where Are My Wii Channels On My SD?

Question

I moved a large number of Wii channels from my main menu to my SD card using the official memory management menu on the Wii. I know they're on the card (they are clearly being loaded from it and don't appear when the SD is removed), but when I plug the card into my computer and try to find the files I can't find any sign of them...

Does anyone know their default directory?

12 answers to this question

If you use an emulator called "Dolphin", it might be able to locate them. Never tried it myself though. That could be one way for your computer to recognize them! xD

Private/Wii/

They won't be displayed as wads though...

See, I figured they were in that directory somewhere but it has so many sub-folders and nothing stood out to me when I briefly scanned through them. I was hoping someone might know a more exact location of the files. I should share why I'm trying to find the files, though (I meant to explain this in my original post but I forgot about it)...After adding all of MasterShoes' emulator forwarders my main menu is out of room. I still have the shop channel, Mii channel, Weather, News, and Photo channels on there and I would like to move them to my SD card. Is this possible to do? I thought maybe if I could take a look at how the other channels' files were installed on the SD it might give me an idea of how to manually install these channels on there, too. Has anyone ever done this or know anything about it?

If you use an emulator called "Dolphin", it might be able to locate them. Never tried it myself though. That could be one way for your computer to recognize them! xD

I did download Dolphin awhile back but haven't actually used it, yet. If I can't find an easier way I may look into this.

well you could delete those channels if you really wanted to. It wouldn't be the best idea if you didn't know for sure what you were doing though.

Have you thought about nand emulation or launching the channels through a usb loader that also launches channels?

Just a thought.

I can't think of a way to copy those channels to the SD card at the moment. If there is a way, it isn't coming to my mind..

well you could delete those channels if you really wanted to. It wouldn't be the best idea if you didn't know for sure what you were doing though.

Have you thought about nand emulation or launching the channels through a usb loader that also launches channels?

Just a thought.

I can't think of a way to copy those channels to the SD card at the moment. If there is a way, it isn't coming to my mind..

Re-installing them wouldn't be any different than updating them (by installing them as WADs) I imagine, so I could probably get away with deleting them no problem, but I don't want to--I'm relatively confidant that I'm never going to want to use them again but they came with the Wii as part of the experience and I don't want to just discard them.

I have considered using WiiFlow or Mighty Channels to give myself more room but honestly I think the main menu looks infinitely better than any unofficial option and I'm adamant about using it. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

If I were to just delete the channels does anyone know if there would be any complications? I assume they aren't actually needed for anything but considering the developers didn't expect them to be able to be deleted I guess I'm not sure. The Mii channel, in particular, might be problematic?

If the channels were installed via a wad, then they need to be uninstalled via the same manner (wad manager).

The same thing can even be applied to those channels that are originally on the Wii but you would have to find the proper wad in order to uninstall them.

If the channels were installed via a wad, then they need to be uninstalled via the same manner (wad manager).

The same thing can even be applied to those channels that are originally on the Wii but you would have to find the proper wad in order to uninstall them.

Would we happen to have those WADs archived around here, somewhere? (the ones for the original channels, I mean)

Also, couldn't they be deleted with Any Title Deleter or does it do something different? (never used it before but heard it mentioned many times)

Those channels can't be un-installed with a wad manager tool. They're part of the system menu.

The only way to remove this is by doing what @WhiteShad0X suggested. It's not recommended though...

You can do it with showmethenand.

Best bet(Safest option) is to just move them to the last page of the system menu. (hold B and select the channel with A)

Yeah, I already have them stuffed in the corner xD. It's just that I'm out of room on my main menu and will have to move a couple emulator forwarders onto the SD menu--I was hoping to remove the useless channels instead :(

Thank you everyone for the information and recommendations; I'll consider the information and decide what I want to do. If I have any further questions I'll ask.

(and if anyone who reads this later has personally messed around with deleting those channels please share your experience.)

Edited by toddtj

@JJ-KwiK - I read somewhere that it could be done but you had to have the wads for them in order to do it. I never tried it myself but I have removed channels before that came on the original system but through the system itself. Weird right. LOL xD

Wait..How did you remove the channels through the system itself, Warlock? You mean you just deleted them like you would any other channels through the memory management menu?

I think Warlock's wii's an oddity. lol

It's a first edition! xD

Wait..How did you remove the channels through the system itself, Warlock? You mean you just deleted them like you would any other channels through the memory management menu?

The Memory Management Menu is only good for channels that the system will let you remove but it doesn't totally remove it from the system itself. That's where WAD Manager comes into play! xD