Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOTBLZ

Now able to use update .nca's on original backups!

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, GOTBLZ said:

Ah yeah, what would I know...

I would actually prefer if *you* didn't believe me.

But hey, thanks for taking the time to see if it worked, sorry you couldn't get it working for yourself. :)

*Sorry thinktech2go, to answer your question, I don't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you could convert the dlc nca "00" files to proper nca's like in this guide 

Hidden Content

• Like this post to see the hidden content.

, then I reckon it'd work fine. I was surprised with just how nicely hactool was able to merge it all...

2018070212151900-5EEE7D02C9E2A34B68D7F7D5349C5290.jpg

2018070212152500-5EEE7D02C9E2A34B68D7F7D5349C5290.jpg

Ok, Maybe because my English is trash, but, what I understand is, you are runing the original cartridge with layeredFS using updates, thats not new and works with DLC too like splatoon (tested myself) , But if you are runing KIRBY main game, with layeredfs plus Update, ok, sorry about that, THIS IS NEW AND GREAT, so, how are you runing the Main game

ok, I'm Sorry About that, I read and understand your topic on other forum (GB...) ... thanks, it's amazing!  now patching ARMS and Xenoverse (xenoverse 1 dlc + updates, or at last trying) but, worked fine with Stardew Valley

I get an error, Failed to allocate RomFS file cache! with Stardew Valley...

NCA Game: 1650ab6235ae16751ca5e220b414c3f1.nca

NCA Update: 62bee24d3a305b65a3570b16361b007a.nca

TitleKey: 208D250942DAC283A5E5D6985BBF5FD4

6 hours ago, heun said:

Ok, Maybe because my English is trash, but, what I understand is, you are runing the original cartridge with layeredFS using updates, thats not new and works with DLC too like splatoon (tested myself) , But if you are runing KIRBY main game, with layeredfs plus Update, ok, sorry about that, THIS IS NEW AND GREAT, so, how are you runing the Main game

When you're using the command, you'll have an romfs.bin and a exefs. This files represents your dump extracted but updated. Then, you can do the same method as you know to run it with LayeredFS. Your second explanation is correct ; here , we're running a game dump with the update, by doing the LayeredFS Trick. The real problem is for SX users, because you need to compress it in a XCI file, but I don't know if we can do this right now. You can try with a game that you don't have and test the method, you'll see that you can run the game with the update without having the game cartridge.

Anyway , thanks man, it works well and it's a great improvement to the scene.

10 hours ago, NemRe said:

I don't think anyone is having luck with stardew valley, I got the same error for it when I tried as well. 

10 hours ago, NemRe said:

I'm not quite sure what that error means... if I stumble across anything I'll let you know.

@heunApology accepted. Glad to see you understood it and got it to work :) If you're able to some time, I wouldn't mind grabbing the ARMS update file or full updated file from you, even if you want to add it to your previous uploads. Thanks if you can.

@KarmargeThanks for your comment, yeah I'm not sure how to get it to xci, I wonder if you could somehow inject the nca's into the xci, and if that'd even work... lol, it seems I may have given layeredfs users a slight advantage over SX users...

10 minutes ago, Rex123a1 said:

I don't think anyone is having luck with stardew valley, I got the same error for it when I tried as well. 

heun said he got it to work if I'm not mistaken? If he did, he might be able to add it to his previous uploads...

how to add dlc to cart games with layeredfs?

nice work :) you have a updated Kirby Star Allies xci  file i can have please :)

Is wolfenstein 2 update file uploaded somewhere? Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

38 minutes ago, phn said:

Is wolfenstein 2 update file uploaded somewhere? Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

i don't even know if it requires it at some point and nobody is apparently willing to provide it. oh well i'll just play as is and see where that leads