Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOTBLZ

Now able to use update .nca's on original backups!

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gymo said:

how to add dlc to cart games with layeredfs?

Just read some posts on 

Hidden Content

    Like this post to see the hidden content.
, I was about to test merging dlc, but am unsure if I will be able to as it's section0... but I will have a go anyway and let you know, but until then, apparently LayeredFS can run romfs.bin extracted into a folder, so you would just use hactool to dump romfsdir and then merge update + dlc's romfs files, into a folder romfs (just as if it were like exefs) and it should work... so therefore, renders my find pretty useless, unless you prefer the files all in one file... lol

 

Which actually tells me, hactool has the ability to create romfs.bin files...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GOTBLZ said:

Just read some posts on 

Hidden Content

  • Like this post to see the hidden content.

, I was about to test merging dlc, but am unsure if I will be able to as it's section0... but I will have a go anyway and let you know, but until then, apparently LayeredFS can run romfs.bin extracted into a folder, so you would just use hactool to dump romfsdir and then merge update + dlc's romfs files, into a folder romfs (just as if it were like exefs) and it should work... so therefore, renders my find pretty useless, unless you prefer the files all in one file... lol

 

 

Which actually tells me, hactool has the ability to create romfs.bin files...

this is actually funny: one day i messed with the commands and i got a romfs folder. then again i decided to try it and it worked! from that day i knew it was possible to even put dlc in there. will try with splatoon 2 later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to do that with BotW, but I can't extract the update, I get an error: section 0 is corrupted :/

edit: same with kirby
I'm typing this: hactool.exe -k keys.ini --romfsdir="gameupdate\romfs" --exefsdir="gameupdate\exefs" "gameupdate.nca"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Stelker said:

I'm trying to do that with BotW, but I can't extract the update, I get an error: section 0 is corrupted :/

edit: same with kirby
I'm typing this: hactool.exe -k keys.ini --romfsdir="gameupdate\romfs" --exefsdir="gameupdate\exefs" "gameupdate.nca"

you are supposed to extract the update along the base game, not alone cause it won't accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gymo said:

i don't even know if it requires it at some point and nobody is apparently willing to provide it. oh well i'll just play as is and see where that leads

I've just started the game and I'm just after the wheelchair section. So... Idk either if it will ask me for something. Just asking in case of it stops working or smth! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gymo said:

you are supposed to extract the update along the base game, not alone cause it won't accept.

Do you know the command to use ?
Should I do something like this then ?
hactool.exe -k keys.ini --romfsdir="game.and.update\romfs" --exefsdir="game.and.update\exefs" "gamestock.nca" --updatedir="gameupdate.nci"

But this update command doesn't work ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried a bunch of commands (including the one on the first post), all I get is section 0 is corrupted or Section 0 and 1 corrupted
I tried changing the hatool version, and messing with the keys.ini, but nothing worked ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stelker said:

I tried a bunch of commands (including the one on the first post), all I get is section 0 is corrupted or Section 0 and 1 corrupted
I tried changing the hatool version, and messing with the keys.ini, but nothing worked ...

is your dump ok? also try renaming keys.ini to keys.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gymo said:

is your dump ok? also try renaming keys.ini to keys.txt

well I did the dump with biskeydump to get the SBK and TSEC keys, then dumped BOOT0 and BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main, and finaly used python to get my keys.txt, I have some keys, but not all of them, I tried adding some that I found on internet, (I also compared mines with some that I found) but nothing changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stelker said:

well I did the dump with biskeydump to get the SBK and TSEC keys, then dumped BOOT0 and BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main, and finaly used python to get my keys.txt, I have some keys, but not all of them, I tried adding some that I found on internet, (I also compared mines with some that I found) but nothing changed

try getting them from maxconsole site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×