Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOTBLZ

Now able to use update .nca's on original backups!

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gymo said:

try getting them from maxconsole site.

If I only use them, I get an invalid NCA header (+ 3 keys that it fail to match)
But If i add the ones that I don't have (mostly the 01 02 and 03 keys of every sections), I get my lovely section 0 and 1 corrupted ..

My tests are made with your command from 1st post, also using kirby from the main post by Softcobraweb
 

Which keys are you using ?
Thing is, I can get the base game to extract no problem with a keys.txt I have, it's just the DLC that I can't get it to work, so I don't think this is related to my keys.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Just got it to work with your command from 1st post, and keys.txt from CDNSP, even if I had the exact same keys CDNSP have ...

Now I just need the update 1.50 titlekey of zelda

GOT IT !!!!
for those who wonder, I used this: hactool.exe -k keys.txt --titlekey=2566D59BE1CB9BFCC2C1B8C648B8ED0D --basenca="zeldastock.nca" --section1="romfs.bin" --exefsdir="exefs" "zeldaupdate.nca"
and with the right key, it works !

Tested on my switch: v1.5.0 ! With Fortnite donor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stelker said:

Ok Just got it to work with your command from 1st post, and keys.txt from CDNSP, even if I had the exact same keys CDNSP have ...

Now I just need the update 1.50 titlekey of zelda

GOT IT !!!!
for those who wonder, I used this: hactool.exe -k keys.txt --titlekey=2566D59BE1CB9BFCC2C1B8C648B8ED0D --basenca="zeldastock.nca" --section1="romfs.bin" --exefsdir="exefs" "zeldaupdate.nca"
and with the right key, it works !

Tested on my switch: v1.5.0 ! With Fortnite donor

You used only latest update 1.5.0 on stock zelda game (1.0.0)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ponury0 said:

You used only latest update 1.5.0 on stock zelda game (1.0.0)?

Yup, I haven't looked into DLCs yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stelker said:

Yup, I haven't looked into DLCs yet

i tried Xenoblade DLCs and failed.. heres my finding;

Section Partition Type must match!

Voice Pack DLC = Only has Section 0 and Partition type is "RomFS"
Xenoblade 13GB .nca = Section 0 is ExeFS and Section 1 is Partition type of "RomFS"

Therefore mismatch! Hactool results in RomFS.bin from Voice Pack (under 1 GB file size) and not combined/merged from original base .nca file

Update file for Xenoblade, has Section 1 as Partition type of "Patch RomFS"

So the update works perfectly fine... ingame it shows Ver 1.0.. but new features are added suich as "Event Theatre"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, hotshotz79 said:

i tried Xenoblade DLCs and failed.. heres my finding;

Section Partition Type must match!

Voice Pack DLC = Only has Section 0 and Partition type is "RomFS"
Xenoblade 13GB .nca = Section 0 is ExeFS and Section 1 is Partition type of "RomFS"

Therefore mismatch! Hactool results in RomFS.bin from Voice Pack (under 1 GB file size) and not combined/merged from original base .nca file

Update file for Xenoblade, has Section 1 as Partition type of "Patch RomFS"

So the update works perfectly fine... ingame it shows Ver 1.0.. but new features are added suich as "Event Theatre"

Yeah, i've come to the same conclusion, updates work, because they have both section0 and section1, dlc doesn't, I even tried to inject the dlc over anothers nca's section1 contents, probably could get it to work if I could be bothered, but I will just wait until "switch tools" which has a romfs_build.exe is able to support romfs directories over 4GB, then extract all romfs contents from each update/dlc and apply any modifications, and rebuild the romfs.bin

 

So far i've updated every title I had, but I have noticed, if I was running a title over another title with LayeredFS, that when I applied some updates, the donor title was no longer able to support the updated exefs. I also noted with applying the update to ARMS, I had this problem, and on the title screen it would say v1.0.0 even though it wasn't, but once I found a title (and rolled back to an update) that allowed the game to save, I noticed the title screen said v1.2.0... even though it was updated to v4.0, somehow changing the donor title changed the version number on the title screen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolwenstein 2 not work. :( help!

BKTR section seems to be corrupted.

Error: section 0 is corrupted!

Saving Section 1 to romfs.bin...
Size: 000000000000
Error: section 1 is corrupted!

Done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×