Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

MLS

Black Screening Games

Question

Hey guys. For some reason, very suddenly and randomly, every game that I try and load off of my WBFS partitioned HDD is black screening. I'm honestly at a loss as to why, because I played my Wii a couple days ago with absolutely no issues, and didn't change anything since that time. I'm pretty sure all of my IOS's and CIOS's are up to date, and I'm using Wiiflow 2.1 + DUTag to load my games.

It also should be noted that my Wii doesn't have a disc drive inside it anymore because it died.

Any idea what's up?

Here's a system dump taken from Pimp My Wii:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

22 answers to this question

The drive reads and all my games show up on my HDD from my PC.

I don't have another loader, I've only ever used Wiiflow. It's weird that it would just stop working and I honestly don't really want to switch to another loader just because of this... I'll test it out on another one though.

EDIT: Just tried using USB Loader GX, games still black screening.

Edited by MLS

do test it out another, and if it works and you still dont want to use that loader, then try maybe grabbing a new .dol file from wiiflow site then try it and see if it works, mightave updated it and fucked things up, aanother thing yo could try is unplugging wii and hdd for 10 minutes then try again

Try updating Wiiflow, V2.1 is really only compatible with Cios Revs 14-19. It may be a compatibilty issue with D2x, altho it is odd it was running before :/ The wiiflow mods are pretty sick and have DML Emulator built in. I use R280 and love it xD

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

If you do update you may have to use Customizemii and replace the .dol in your existing forwarder also.

On a more serious note......have you left your Wii on stand by (Connect 24) for any length of time? This has been known to cause a short out of the GPX video processor due to overheating. I hope this is not the case for ya tho man......but maybe worth having a look.

Lost: I actually just turned off WiiConnect24 a couple days ago because I didn't need it. It's always been on though. Another thing: I tried playing SMB3 (VC game) that's installed directly on my system menu, and it starts, I play for like 20 seconds, and the screen cuts out. That could be why, but I really hope not.

TFG: I'll try that, thanks.

The only thing that changed between before this started and after this started was me taking the disc drive out of my Wii. I don't see why that would be causing it, but I don't see what else it could be, unless it's that GPU issue Lost brought up.

Edited by MLS

if you recently took the drive out maybe you didn't connect something 100% when you put the wii back together?

If the harddrive is communicating with the PC and there are no fragmentation issues with the hard drive (which the pc will be more forgiving towards) then like the above posts say, the gpu not looking good. In regards to the versions of cios being "pretty sure updated", you may now of the windows interface Modmii. Its fully automated, very simple, and will update everything for you including your usb loader. Try it out. I did it a few days ago and it even fixed Splinter Cell on usb. The interface will also check your existing SD arrangment to verify whats up to date. Like Beast said, maybe you left something disconnected. I would try firstly though removing the "im pretty sure" to "they are up to date". I wish u luck.

if the disc drive isnt plugged in at all, or not connected right, games will not load from usb. Even if the drive is broken, it needs to be plugged in for you to play from usb. That could also be your VC problem, but I'm not 100% on that one.

I'd suggest you open it back up and take a look to make sure everything is connected right on the drive ;)