Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

annson24

Nintendo Switch Firmware Files (1.0.0 - 6.2.0)(no scummy ads link)

241 posts in this topic

I have a 64GB SD card formatt exfat. Can I use the update file 6.2.0 on my switch running 6.2.0? And do these update files have exfat support? And is it safe to install?

5 minutes ago, Boi099 said:

I have a 64GB SD card formatt exfat. Can I use the update file 6.2.0 on my switch running 6.2.0? And do these update files have exfat support? And is it safe to install?

Why do you want to update to 6.2 if you already have 6.2? But yea, updating offline with ChoiDujouNX is super safe and painless.

• Like 1

So can I install this 6.2.0 update and does it come exfat support and run it on my switch?

9 minutes ago, Boi099 said:

So can I install this 6.2.0 update and does it come exfat support and run it on my switch?

Yup, just pick the option for exFAT install (the right box).

• Like 1

Another question , I'm moving all my files from my fat32GB SD Card. I want to use my 64GB exfat SD Card. Can I disable auto RCM with choidujounx and safely install it? Or will something bad happen to the fusses and prevent my console from booting up? Is it recommend to have Auto RCM mode on and if so can I turn it off later?

Edited by Boi099
More information

My bad. I'm using ReNix cfw 6.2 With full support. Thanks for helping me out with this. Now I can add exfat support to my Nintendo switch running 6.2.0 lol. Also thanks for the extra info :) BTW, can I turn off auto RCM if I wanted to to save battery life? Also can I use auto RCM on a exfat SD card?

Edited by Boi099
Little more information

On 12/26/2018 at 4:37 PM, Boi099 said:

My bad. I'm using ReNix cfw 6.2 With full support. Thanks for helping me out with this. Now I can add exfat support to my Nintendo switch running 6.2.0 lol. Also thanks for the extra info :) BTW, can I turn off auto RCM if I wanted to to save battery life? Also can I use auto RCM on a exfat SD card?

You don't have to disable RCM to power off your Switch.

EDIT: Note: if you ever disable RCM, your fuses will burn to the latest amount at the next boot up into OFW (original firmware).

Hold the power down and choose to power off when the option shows, then stick the Payload in for 12 seconds. This will do a hard shutdown from RCM. If you have the NS Atmosphere payload, it will briefly glow pink to let you know that it turned off. Otherwise, it will never truly shutdown. This is always recommended to help avoid corrupting your MSD card before taking it out.

More in depth write up here:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

Remember, you will have to actually push the power button (no need to hold it down) the next time you "turn on" your Switch (that is, before you inject your payload) since the Switch is actually turned off now. If you stick in your payload and it doesn't inject, that will confirm it is actually fully off.

Still, like any lithium battery (as you probably already know), it will drain regardless if it is on or not. I wouldn't recommend leaving it unplugged for longer than a few days or at all, if possible, because it's quite a chore to charge in RCM, as it charges incredibly slow.

Edited by Crazed
  • Like 8