Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Saleian02

Alittle idea that might inspire others

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone so I came up with idea because I like to have a clean organized collection.  Renaming files with visible extensions gets annoying not to delete the .xci or .nsp so I used the switch backup manager to register the extension but I didnt want the same icon for .xci files so I downloaded xci organizer aswell and used a program called resource hacker which allows you to change the icon for a exe file. I just wanted to throw this idea out to people who are neat freaks like me with their collections. 

nsp.jpg.0783b3eba403d4604d06d00e5e9420b6.jpg

xci.jpg

Edited by Saleian02

On 8/8/2018 at 1:10 AM, Saleian02 said:

Hey everyone so I came up with idea because I like to have a clean organized collection.  Renaming files with visible extensions gets annoying not to delete the .xci or .nsp so I used the switch backup manager to register the extension but I didnt want the same icon for .xci files so I downloaded xci organizer aswell and used a program called resource hacker which allows you to change the icon for a exe file. I just wanted to throw this idea out to people who are neat freaks like me with their collections.

Mind sharing the icons you used? I like this idea for giving the extensions to them. Also, I'd suggest sharing where to download Resource Hacker. I already have it myself though. But a lot of people might not know what it is. I don't know where you got the XCI Organizer, however. Good idea, tutorial could use some updating.

Edited by Crazed

6 hours ago, Crazed said:

Mind sharing the icons you used? I like this idea for giving the extensions to them. Also, I'd suggest sharing where to download Resource Hacker. I already have it myself though. But a lot of people might not know what it is. I don't know where you got the XCI Organizer, however. Good idea, tutorial could use some updating.

The icon I used are from the switch backup manager. I got xci organizer from logic sunrise or Eurasia. All I did was use resource hacker to make a new extension for xci and used the xci organizer to associate with that. I'll post the black and white icon. The other icon will automatically show up when you assign nsp to switch backup manager because its built into the program. Hope this helps

9 minutes ago, Saleian02 said:

The icon I used are from the switch backup manager. I got xci organizer from logic sunrise or Eurasia. All I did was use resource hacker to make a new extension for xci and used the xci organizer to associate with that. I'll post the black and white icon. The other icon will automatically show up when you assign nsp to switch backup manager because its built into the program. Hope this helps

I tried uploading the ico. Wouldnt let me so I tried to change the extension to .png still no go.  Too funny. I found it on google images.

On 12/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, Crazed said:

I don't know where you got the XCI Organizer, however.

Literally the first result on google: 

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.
 :fail:

On 12/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, Crazed said:

Mind sharing the icons you used?

Third image on Google: 

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.
 :WTF:

:hornet:🎶

Umm, I mostly was recommending that it be posted in the tutorial since it was rather empty with zero links or resources provided with it. At the same time I was trying to bring to light a topic that I thought was a good idea (that was sinking to the bottom of the topics) by showing interest in it.

But uh, thanks...? Thanks for literally murdering my posting enthusiasm.. *sigh*

Edited by Crazed

15 hours ago, Crazed said:

Umm, I mostly was recommending that it be posted in the tutorial since it was rather empty with zero links or resources provided with it. At the same time I was trying to bring to light a topic that I thought was a good idea (that was sinking to the bottom of the topics) by showing interest in it.

But uh, thanks...? Thanks for literally murdering my posting enthusiasm.. *sigh*

I'm sorry, I truly didn't mean any harm in my reply. Really, you're a great member here, and I was just trying to joke with you some.... Really though, I hope you'll stay around. :)