Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonP27

Bug Report Thread for NSMBW Customs

Question

Is a boss getting stuck in the wall? Is there a bunch of coins that you can't collect when you touch them? Is a level causing your Wii to black screen or freeze? Then you've come to the right place! Here you can report a bug for any of the custom New Super Mario Bros Wii games that you can find on DU, and even the ones you can't. If you provide enough information and the issue can be avoided, we'll tell you how. If it can be fixed, you can be sure one of us can fix it. You can then replace the level yourself using WiiScrubber, or if you're using a Riivolution pack such as Newer Summer Sun or Cannon Super Mario Bros, that's even easier to replace the culprit file.

Please provide the following details when reporting your bug so that we can find and evaluate the issue. You can even copy and paste this template to your post and edit it to reflect the issue you've found.

Custom Game Name: [i.e. DUSMB: Find That Princess]

Level: [i.e. 1-1, 1-Tower]

Issue: [i.e. Game freezes, missing Star Coin]

Details: [i.e. When you enter the third pipe after the hammer bros the game freezes, the third star coin disappears if you collect the second star coin]

17 answers to this question

Help!!!!

DU Super Mario Anniversary Edition REV 5

Level 6 - 2

At the end of level once you climb the pole and and slide down and end of level the characters tries to leave off screen passed the castle, but they seem to be blocked by something invisible and just keep walking, and have to reboot system to unstuck game.

And never progressing past 6-2 to continue the later levels...

HELP

Also 3 coins missing from 6-2

I'll have a look, thanks. My only rule is I am happy to fix levels if I can, but you must be able to replace the level in the wbfs yourself as I will not be uploading a full copy of the game again unless I make LOTS of edits and additions.

Help!!!!

Level 6 - 2

At the end of level once you climb the pole and and slide down and end of level the characters tries to leave off screen passed the castle, but they seem to be blocked by something invisible and just keep walking, and have to reboot system to unstuck game.

HELP

First of all thanks for making this awesome game.

The mission does not work 3-3, 6-2 it is impossible to complete the mission because there is a large box (after the finish) that blocks the passage.

Finally, the mission of the World 8 are not modified.

Thanks Regards! :wave:

Replace the 06-02.arc with the one attached to this post to fix these issues. I've added 3 star coins but have not tested their collection so they could prove easy or extremely difficult. They may require multiplayer to essentially sacrifice to obtain them for all I know. I've also removed the box at the end so the impassable section should be fixed. I've no way to test these changes at the moment but they should suffice. I've also added a credit to the end of the level for the person that created the level (and the tileset). Please let me know here if these issues have been resolved.

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

I'll have a look, thanks. My only rule is I am happy to fix levels if I can, but you must be able to replace the level in the wbfs yourself as I will not be uploading a full copy of the game again unless I make LOTS of edits and additions.

Help!!!!

Level 6 - 2

HELP

First of all thanks for making this awesome game.

The mission does not work 3-3, 6-2 it is impossible to complete the mission because there is a large box (after the finish) that blocks the passage.

Finally, the mission of the World 8 are not modified.

Thanks Regards! :wave:

Replace the 06-02.arc with the one attached to this post to fix these issues. I've added 3 star coins but have not tested their collection so they could prove easy or extremely difficult. They may require multiplayer to essentially sacrifice to obtain them for all I know. I've also removed the box at the end so the impassable section should be fixed. I've no way to test these changes at the moment but they should suffice. I've also added a credit to the end of the level for the person that created the level (and the tileset). Please let me know here if these issues have been resolved.

attachicon.gif

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

Thanks a bunch, this will make my family very happy.

Luckily I know how to compile the ISO.

Although I have never tried reggie. Was it simple to fix?

It's simple enough to add and delete things, but you have to know how the 3 layers work, and the issue regarding the impassable box at the end is a game related bug. The box in question has no solid properties. In fact it was placed on layer 2 which cannot be touched, period. However the text on the box is a separate part of the tileset, and was layer 1. Normally, this does not matter as the type of tile had no properties. So even though it was layer 1 it was pass - through. You couldn't touch it. However after the goal flag, it seems that all layer 1 objects are solid objects even if set to no properties. Yeah, that's a bug when it comes to custom games. It wouldn't have affected the original NSMBW.

As far as how easy Reggie is, check out the Dev Lounge section. I have loads of tutorials in there that will tell you how easy or hard it is. It's up to your level of computer experience and intelligence to decide if it's easy for you or not.

Thanks for explaining your process, I have a much better understanding and appreciation for what you guys do.

ciao ho un bakup di du super mario brons solo che arrivato al mondo 3 il 1 livello appena entro si fa schermata nera e non si leva più e si blocca come mai ? avete voi un bakup del gioco funzionante ? grazie 

( hello i have a bakup du super mario brons just got to world 3 level 1 just before you black screen and does not rise more and hangs why? bakup you have a game running? thanks )

Which game specifically? There are a few DU Super Mario Bros games.