Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

thatdudefam

Starlink Issues with 5.1

53 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, thatdudefam said:

nope still using sxos 2.0

you can run homebrew on sxos just put nro files inside switch folder

Awesome! Thanks for your response and clarification, I will try it out.

• Like 1

I'm currently on 5.1 Switch firmware running SxOS 2.1 and it crashes with the update file and now can't even get the .xci working for the life of me. I thought using tinfoil would work since many people are claiming it does but...Not with me at least. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Forgot to mention that i'm using the option to ignore firmware version!

Edited by RaidenXIII
Forgot to mention

If im right It ask twice to update just turn on airplane mode and choose to start software both time im running 5.1.0 with 2.0.1 SX OS working fine

On 10/12/2018 at 3:07 AM, dothackjhe said:

I did not know the "ignore firmware requirement" could indeed bypass the game's required firmware to work. I literally made the jump from 5.1.0 to 6.0.1 for this (I was about to anyway, for posterity's sake).

While I did encounter a problem booting to my CFW of choice after update via ChoiDujourNX after, I did manage to fix it. In the end, it was well worth the update on my end.

Did you come from SXOS or no? and does this mean if i decide to use reiNX from now on and i lose the ability to use the dongle necessary for startup on SX i have to use the PC for every time i turn it on instead of the dongle or am i missing something?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, Dark-Sky said:

I'm on 5.1 with SX OS 1.4. Got the XCI & NSP game update, installed the game update with SX OS (I always use this to install NSPs) and the game won't start without a system update (first game with this problem for me).

Would it be possible to delete the game update and install it with tinfoil on my setup with "ignore firmware requirement"?

Edit:
I've deleted the update and the game is running. I guess it will ask me to update after a while?

Edit 2:
Intalled the NSP game update with tinfoil using "ignore firmware requirement" and it works now with the update on 5.1!
Thanks @Loric_

I have installed NSP game and update, how did you deleted only game update?

2 hours ago, vetar said:

I have installed NSP game and update, how did you deleted only game update?

I only installed the NSP update, the game version I'm using is XCI. I simply pressed "+" to see the game options and selected "Data Management" > "Delete Software". I didn't have any save games at that time so it was not a problem for me.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:00 PM, thatdudefam said:

Cant play Starlink with 5.1 and Sxos 2.0

wants me to update to 6.0 but i dont want to do that.

anyway around this? thanks

I play on a 5.0.1 - Starlink v 1.0

6 hours ago, zamoktexas said:

I play on a 5.0.1 - Starlink v 1.0

If he's talking about the same issue im having then we literally cant play the game. The only two choices we have when it gives us that update software prompt is "download" and "cancel" I can't start the game.

1 hour ago, RaidenXIII said:

If he's talking about the same issue im having then we literally cant play the game. The only two choices we have when it gives us that update software prompt is "download" and "cancel" I can't start the game.

Really simple. Im on Sxos 2.0 and 5.1

Download tinfoil and put the tinfoil.nro inside of switch folder

download starlink.nsp base game 7GB

download starlink.nsp update 5.9 gb

Goto homebrew on sxos open tinfoil.nro

install base game starlink and hit yes ignore firmware

install game update and hit yes ignore firmware.

exit tinfoil

and enjoy the game :)