Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

ShadowPuppet

Join our Team - Moderator Applications! [CLOSED]

10 posts in this topic

JoinOurTeam.png

Apply to be a part of our staff team at darkumbra.net!

Over the last few weeks and months, DarkUmbra has seen an incredible new influx of members enjoying our community. So much growth in fact, that it's become difficult for us to keep up with all the new content posted to our site every day.

Starting today, we are taking applications for motivated, team-oriented, friendly members of our community to help us keep the site as clean and as organized as possible.

At this time, we are looking for 3-4 (possibly even more...) new team members to help us with the surge of new traffic, members and posts. A moderator position at DU involves the following responsibilities:

• Actively browse the forum, editing or deleting topics and posts that do not follow the rules or are in need of corrections or improvement
  • Handle reports filed by members in a manner that is appropriate for the situation (verbal warning to members, formal warning, suspension, etc.)
  • Take action against (warn, ban, etc.) uncooperative members and report to global moderators or admins about any serious issues
  • Personify the DU vibe, supporting the community we have built and help fellow DUdes and DUdettes as best you can!

If that sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Please make sure you are logged into your DarkUmbra account, then click the button below to apply.

We will review all applications in a few weeks and will contact you if you're among the chosen ones!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Apply Now!

• Like 3

My name is mrs.mei

I am now 91wii Super Moderator

91wii Nintendo 、Sony   china largest forum

I would gladly help join and provide for the DarkUmbra Team. You guys are like family and family stays strong. This site is growing more daily! As a family, we are here for one another. Count me in!

thank.

Edited by mengqing520

Alright ladies and gents, applications are now closed. We will be reviewing applications this week and contacting those who we think would be the best fit for our team.

Thank you everyone for your interest! ❤️ 

• Like 4

The results are in! 

After lots of consideration and discussion amongst staff, we would like to extend a warm welcome to our new team members: @Larsenv, @Link420, @Mad_Geordie, @Softcobraweb, and @Zazaaji!

These fine people will be learning the ropes over the next few weeks so be nice! I'm sure they'll do just fine though :)

On behalf of the entire DU team, I want to thank everyone for applying! This was not an easy decision for us as we had many great applications! You guys are all awesome and continue to be the life force of DU; we love you all! :)

Welcome guys!!

One last thing, we'd also like to congratulate our newest Co-Admin @mastershoes who, although not formally, has been filling the shoes (ha ha!) of an Admin position for a long time when I couldn't be available. He has shown outstanding commitment to DU as a whole over the years and we're honoured to have him with us as DU continues to grow! Welcome Mastershoes!! :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations to all new staff! And I just wanted to say - @Larsenvhas been doing a great job cleaning out those annoying spam topics! ^_^

Edited by Crazed
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Crazed said:

Congratulations to all new staff! And I just wanted to say - @Larsenvhas been doing a great job cleaning out those annoying spam topics! ^_^

Hey now, I've handled a lot of them too. 😛

Really though, I noticed you said you weren't sure if we like all the reports lately. Personally I like it, as it makes finding dud threads/posts much easier. ^_^

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zazaaji said:

Hey now, I've handled a lot of them too. 😛

Really though, I noticed you said you weren't sure if we like all the reports lately. Personally I like it, as it makes finding dud threads/posts much easier. ^_^

Okay great, and of course I appreciate all the Staff helping out! I just pointed out someone specific since I was PMed about it. :) But yea geez I think a lot of members either don't read or are confused on where to post topics. >.> Specifically the "Forum Help" Vs "Console Help" sections seem to be places of confusion, I see the topics divided between the two sections. Anyway, I won't go way off topic on that just figured I'd mention it at least once.

Getting new mods was a great idea though, because there is a lot of stuff to look through. Place is already looking much more organized in just a couple days~

Edited by Crazed
  • Like 1