Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

758lindo

Sx os pro no boot.dat

Question

My switch stuck on  boot.dat?after updating to 2.3 beta.I tried placing a boot file from the official site on to the sd card but still no luck(I have auto rcm on)

6 answers to this question

no boot.dat with the sad face usually means the file or sd card got corrupted, i would try to erase the boot.dat file first and test an older boot.dat version if not gonna have to reformat that SD card

Edited by DunkSB412

i keep all files for this reason. tx doesnt have a list of older boot.dat. just use the old one then go on site download then put on sd. dont use game to download boot.dat. it happened to me. im using 2.3 beta now

in most cases its because the sd card got rewritten so that could cause some files within the sd to be corrupted. and normally to fix this is you'd just need to replace a new file over your old one (which you already mentioned, but that didn't fix the problem) the only other issue i could suggest is if in fact that file is corrupted, not sure if you have the previous boot.dat (the only you just replaced over the downloaded one on the site) is to redownload the (stabilized version [non beta]) and see if it would still read the old boot.dat and if it does then it's not the .dat that are corrupted but some other file within the sd card itself. and to fix the whole issue if you plan on still wanting to use the 2.3 beta then that would be formatting the micro sd card itself and start fresh putting everything back in 

---> this would mean reinstalling etc, ' do not' just copy the content from the sd and putting it over (because if we determined that the sd files were corrupted it makes no sense carrying the corrupted files back into the formatted card)

trust me this process sucks, i know. I had it happen when i tried the sx os cheat function and my sd card got corrupted, while some files were still ok to use i noticed that majority of them got corrupted and i decided to copy over the ones that ' i thought weren't corrupted, and that was a no no' (hence i just started fresh, took awhile but eh lessoned learned); hopefully this isn't your case though.

hopefully this somewhat helps? :) 

• Like 1