Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

BillyJo

Switch Media Player (pPlay)

15 posts in this topic

Tried it with a 1080P movie and it crashed the Switch instantly.. Forced a reboot. Will try 720P next.

EDIT: EVERYTHING crashed until I disabled the cache = 0 in the cfg file. Now everything works great. I wonder why enable caching is on by default when all it does is crash? Anyways great brew, now it is working, thanks.

Edited by Crazed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2018 at 8:22 PM, Crazed said:

Tried it with a 1080P movie and it crashed the Switch instantly.. Forced a reboot. Will try 720P next.

EDIT: EVERYTHING crashed until I disabled the cache = 0 in the cfg file. Now everything works great. I wonder why enable caching is on by default when all it does is crash? Anyways great brew, now it is working, thanks.

Thanks for that. It definitely worked better. I couldn't get too much to play well of my higher content and I still found it crashing some while playing it but it worked a lot better. Fingers crossed this developer continues their work and make a solid program out of this. I would so love a solid media player for the switch as it is a great little platform for portability.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, startreker said:

Thanks for that. It definitely worked better. I couldn't get too much to play well of my higher content and I still found it crashing some while playing it but it worked a lot better. Fingers crossed this developer continues their work and make a solid program out of this. I would so love a solid media player for the switch as it is a great little platform for portability.

Oh another bug I found out about is if you goto the Home screen and return back to the movie, the sound will get garbled and staticy. That might have mentioned in the notes and I forgot though. Still figured I'd mention it. I've been using the pplayer now that I know what to watch out for it's a lot better Best thing to do when leaving a movie is to pause it and exit the app with the menu. You can resume it later easily without issues then.

Hoping for more stability next release too! But I'm patient, I just love the fact I can watch movies on my Switch now~

Edited by Crazed

When opening the app it crushes. I have installed it using home brew loaded. Do I need to use other app to run pplay app for it to make it work properly?