Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Derrickchai39

Games require update to play

Question

Hi I use to play overcooked 2 by clicking on start software without needing to update, but all of a sudden, today the game only gave me 2 options, "Update or Cancel" otherwise it just returns me to the home menu. This has happened to other games aswell, Diablo 3, and Lego incredibles.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I prefer not to update, and I have my system on airplane mode ever since I got it. Games were installed with tinfoil. XCI were downloaded from here, and were playable before. 

Edited by Derrickchai39

6 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Derrickchai39 said:

Hi I use to play overcooked 2 by clicking on start software without needing to update, but all of a sudden, today the game only gave me 2 options, "Update or Cancel" otherwise it just returns me to the home menu. This has happened to other games aswell, Diablo 3, and Lego incredibles.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I prefer not to update, and I have my system on airplane mode ever since I got it. Games were installed with tinfoil. XCI were downloaded from here, and were playable before. 

Have you updated your firmware since you played it last?

4 hours ago, Crazed said:

Have you updated your firmware since you played it last?

thanks for the reply, no my switch is still on 5.1.0. Should I update it?

Follow up question, sorry im new to this, If i update my switch to 6.1.0 w/ ChoiDujourNX will I lose all my installed nsp, save files, data etc. ? 

Thank you !

30 minutes ago, Derrickchai39 said:

thanks for the reply, no my switch is still on 5.1.0. Should I update it?

Follow up question, sorry im new to this, If i update my switch to 6.1.0 w/ ChoiDujourNX will I lose all my installed nsp, save files, data etc. ? 

Thank you !

I'll take a guess that you installed a DLC or update on Overcooked 2 that requires a newer firmware then..

Nope, you lose nothing at all by updating with ChoiDujourNX. You will have to update your custom firmware first (ReiNX, Atomoshere, SX OX, whatever you are using). You can also backup your saves with Checkpoint. Once you do then, move on to the actually updating process.

Don't upate official firmware until you update custom firmware. They all support 6.2 now, so you might as well go straight to 6.2. For peace of mind back up your System NAND and MSD card stuff. Anyways, updating should solve all your problems.

If you need more help feel free to ask and I'll direct you the best I can~

Edited by Crazed
  • Thanks 1

I'll take a guess that you installed a DLC or update on Overcooked 2 that requires a newer firmware then..

Nope, you lose nothing at all by updating with ChoiDujourNX. You will have to update your custom firmware first (ReiNX, Atomoshere, SX OX, whatever you are using). You can also backup your saves with Checkpoint. Once you do then, move on to the actually updating process.

Don't upate official firmware until you update custom firmware. They all support 6.2 now, so you might as well go straight to 6.2. For peace of mind back up your System NAND and MSD card stuff. Anyways, updating should solve all your problems.

If you need more help feel free to ask and I'll direct you the best I can~

Thanks,

Does ChoiDujourNX not install custom firmware? How should I "update" my CFW? I am using atmosphere and would like to continue using it.

Also, everything has been backed up from the beginning (NAND, etc)

Edited by Derrickchai39

43 minutes ago, Derrickchai39 said:

Does ChoiDujourNX not install custom firmware? How should I "update" my CFW? I am using atmosphere and would like to continue using it.

Also, everything has been backed up from the beginning (NAND, etc)

Choi installs Official Firmware only. Unfortunately I've never used Atmosphere (ReiNX here), but here is video for how to install it. I assume you just need to overwrite the old files to update.

You can grab the latest release of Atmosphere here:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

After that you will need to update (flash) your payload with the new bin file for what Atmosphere uses. This is a great guide for how to update it.

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

Since you are already using it, you probably have a better idea of which files Atmosphere uses. I'm not sure which methods you are using to inject payloads though..so that may be useless to you.

Edited by Crazed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1