Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

jfosheezy

*Head Admin Replied* Discussion Regarding Content Re-Uploading (formerly the Link420/softcobraweb thread)

148 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, enterTheVoid said:

Theres plenty of 100% free, ad free discord servers with all games 

the ones putting ads don't even unlock games, so if they disappear it's good 

Google lets you upload all you want for 1 dollar

you can create copies of the files you want to share without wasting bandwith

the cost is near 0

Sound very easy. Why don't you post some links for us? Try not to reuse other people's links. It's very time consuming for me.

Edited by nraudigy2

4 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Sound very easy. Why don't you post some links for us? Try not to reuse other people's links. It's very time consuming for me.

lmfao, really?
Here's one, updated, no ads, free STICKIED in the forums you post in

are you willingly ignoring legitimate uploaders that do this for the community?

Also my posts? Noticed that too

edit: im dumb and linked the forums, i admit that

Edited by jfosheezy

10 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Sound very easy. Why don't you post some links for us? It's very time consuming for me.

Because certain mods delete it because its against the rules.  OP already mentioned two sources people can google. Switch pirates  subreddit and hbg discord.

I'm going to also add this:

these people are stealing from the community that DONATES to have these games unlocked.  So they're profitting not only from the gaming companies, but also from the pirating community as well.  Which in my opinion, is like what.   Why does the regular user have to put up with that BS?  Maybe they don't know where else to get it?  Why is it that when people link to a better source, that post gets deleted?  That just proves the OP's point that this forum prioritizes monotizing it's members for money. Which in its own case, makes things even further immoral.  Like I'm ok if the proceeds go to game unlocks, but based on what I see so far, as soon as a certain member's stash gets updated, the mods in question just "happen" to update their stash as well.  I don't think I've ever seen them update their stash before said member's stash.  Maybe, it's just a coincidence, but like...this is why people are angry.  This is why there's a post like this.  This is why we want to address it.  For a community that "specialize in custom content for Wii games and have tutorials galore just waiting to be perused to increase your gaming and hacking knowledge. We created DUTag, the customizable, dynamically updating Wii gamertag. Our members are second to none and are always willing to go out of their way to help others get up and running on whatever project or issue they may have." It feels more like a community that focuses on other things.

Like I said, I found DU before I found anything else, but now I follow the hacking scene for the switch closely.  DU is developing a horrible reputation because of the events that transpired.  Honestly, why do you feel like you deserve the money for this? Because you spend an hour putting free games behind an adwall?  Like...why do you think you deserve money to share games that you pirate for free?  Is it because you put time into taking downloads from the scene and feel like you need to share that stuff? Did you BUY these games? Did you dump these games? 

So you take the charity of others to put shit behind ads to profit off them. What does that make you?  I'm fairly sure the admins don't take part in this debauchery.  The few posts that I've seen them respond with makes me feel like they are reasonable people.  I don't blame the other mods nor them for what happened, but I strongly do urge them to reassess what is going on in this forum

OH LOOK another free no ads post 

Edited by switchdox

41 minutes ago, KayShyGuy said:

I switched to Discord a long time ago. Fuck every single ad

This is what everyone is doing. Why the admins don't want to see it and prefer to benefit two random guys at the cost of the entire site is beyond belief. Dont they realize that the amount of people is not the same as it was 2 or 3 months ago when some posts were getting 20k hits overnight? People are leaving. It's up to you the admins if you want to do something to keep people here and make some money by them watching YOUR ads or let the whole thing die and keep making link420 and softcobra  money with YOUR site.

12 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Here are a few not just one:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by enterTheVoid
  • Like 13

wow, look at all these ad free, free links.

Wow
It's almost like, it isn't hard for the uploaders and they do it out of love

While others operate off of greed and the need to feel reimbursed for what plenty other do for free

• Like 1

Sounds like people complaining here don't post anything for people to download anyways. Great that we have few people that take their time to put up links for free for the "likes". Good for them. 

2 minutes ago, jfosheezy said:

wow, look at all these ad free, free links.

Wow
It's almost like, it isn't hard for the uploaders and they do it out of love

While others operate off of greed and the need to feel reimbursed for what plenty other do for free

Oh look, I googled and found more sources on reddit. check out switchnsps

I'll keep my thoughts simple due to my affiliation with the hbg discord. This copy/paste scenario happens all day every day, all over the place. The legitimacy of these two uploading the work of others doesn't matter tbh.

If people don't like ads they can just stop clicking. It's up to the end user at the end of the day. Scummy or not, it's the result of those who keep clicking.

This is a classic example of 'vote with your wallet', except replace wallet with sanity and spare time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Sounds like people complaining here don't post anything for people to download anyways. Great that we have few people that take their time to put up links for free for the "likes". Good for them. 

4 minutes ago, Waifupls said:

I'll keep my thoughts simple due to my affiliation with the hbg discord. This copy/paste scenario happens all day every day, all over the place. The legitimacy of these two uploading the work of others doesn't matter tbh.

If people don't like ads they can just stop clicking. It's up to the end user at the end of the day. Scummy or not, it's the result of those who keep clicking.

This is a classic example of 'vote with your wallet', except replace wallet with sanity and spare time.

Certainly I’m not doing anything for the meaningless internet points. I want to affect change in this community.

I think Waifupls’ post sums up my sentiments quite well. (I have no affiliation to any discord, to be clear)

I will also wait and see what the admin and mod response is to this thread, I’m genuinely curious.

I did appreciate mastershoes’ reply in the chat box (Ad links. - No one says you have to click 'em.) but I also appreciate the points made by others in this thread.

Cheers.

Edited by h2806580

Every time I come on here looking for something in particular I always see Link420's thread right away and find the one I'm looking for within 30 seconds or less because of this. I don't care that they just find nsp's and link them all in one thread or that I have to deal with a few ads (usually 1 ad/pop up as long as you right click+open in new window), because they do what they do I always know where to find what I'm looking for...if they make 1-3 cents or so every time I grab an nsp then so be it....Just stating my point of view/opinion, I respect other's opinions so please don't flip at me for mine lol

• Like 1