Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

jfosheezy

*Head Admin Replied* Discussion Regarding Content Re-Uploading (formerly the Link420/softcobraweb thread)

148 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Sounds like people complaining here don't post anything for people to download anyways. Great that we have few people that take their time to put up links for free for the "likes". Good for them. 

l4NOjDh.jpg

All links are free, no ads or redirects

Edited by displayusername

15 minutes ago, Waifupls said:

I'll keep my thoughts simple due to my affiliation with the hbg discord. This copy/paste scenario happens all day every day, all over the place. The legitimacy of these two uploading the work of others doesn't matter tbh.

If people don't like ads they can just stop clicking. It's up to the end user at the end of the day. Scummy or not, it's the result of those who keep clicking.

This is a classic example of 'vote with your wallet', except replace wallet with sanity and spare time.

Yea can't argue with that.  If people look hard enough, they can find what they need. They can avoid the adwalls and what not.  We can't change what scummy people do, but we can try to make people more aware of better options.

20 minutes ago, nraudigy2 said:

Sounds like people complaining here don't post anything for people to download anyways. Great that we have few people that take their time to put up links for free for the "likes". Good for them. 

It's not a few people, there are probably more than 10 discords that provide free links and more than enough reddits that provide free links.  People can take this information however they want.  If they're willing to click on the posts, then you don't have anything to worry about.

10 minutes ago, tddct89 said:

Every time I come on here looking for something in particular I always see Link420's thread right away and find the one I'm looking for within 30 seconds or less because of this. I don't care that they just find nsp's and link them all in one thread or that I have to deal with a few ads (usually 1 ad/pop up as long as you right click+open in new window), because they do what they do I always know where to find what I'm looking for...if they make 1-3 cents or so every time I grab an nsp then so be it....Just stating my point of view/opinion, I respect other's opinions so please don't flip at me for mine lol

Some people are ok because of the convenience, and that's fine.  I'm personally not down because of the malpractice that happens. Followed by the fact that some posts get censored because these posts called them out.  Don't deny what you do, rock it and do the due diligence to be right by others.  It's like when artists spend a lot of time doing something, only for someone random on the internet to take the credits and monotize it. Then be like "I made this", when in reality nope...

Edited by switchdox

There are many sources to get roms. There are many contributors who share games with 1 ads or 2 and even without any ads. There are people like h2806580, mrdanny, alvro and  nraudigy2 who shares roms too and they have a pretty nice collection. If anyone don't like a paywall link they can get it from them. You are not bound to download from me.
Even a noob can pass through this ads i use. And if they can't, i always provide them direct link without hesitation. 
You'll need money to buy games or store them in google drive or in your website too. Some people are donating to get games. Nothing comes for free. The penny that comes from paywall goes to the monthly expenses. If i don't use paywall then someone else will. There'll always be someone.
There were another disaster in this forum few weeks ago caused by some people. And now you are creating one more. There always some people who hates some contributors and there always will be no matter what. They don't satisfy everything you do for them either its good or not good.

Your topic is having report already and its posted in the wrong section too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Link420 said:

There are many sources to get roms. There are many contributors who share games with 1 ads or 2 and even without any ads. There are people like h2806580, mrdanny, alvro and  nraudigy2 who shares roms too and they have a pretty nice collection. If anyone don't like a paywall link they can get it from them. You are not bound to download from me.
Even a noob can pass through this ads i use. And if they can't, i always provide them direct link without hesitation. 
You'll need money to buy games or store them in google drive or in your website too. Some people are donating to get games. Nothing comes for free. The penny that comes from paywall goes to the monthly expenses. If i don't use paywall then someone else will. There'll always be someone.
There were another disaster in this forum few weeks ago caused by some people. And now you are creating one more. There always some people who hates some contributors and there always will be no matter what. They don't satisfy everything you do for them either its good or not good.

Explain to me what does DarkUmbra get by allowing you to post instead of only allowing links with no ads?

I mean, the content would be the same, the only difference is that, with no ads, people will keep using the site instead of running away to discord or somewhere else

And this is an important topic and deserves to be posted on the most visited subforum, if you move it somewhere else you're trying to hide it and make people forget about it so you can keep operating 

Edited by enterTheVoid
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Link420 said:

Like that one post ya'll moved into the wrong section cuz ya'll thought it was homebrew? But it was free downloads

Edited by switchdox

13 minutes ago, Link420 said:

Some people are donating to get games. Nothing comes for free. 

Then why aren't you buying games with the money you are raising? If you require funds to do what you do, you shouldn't be doing it. The scene is plenty covered with people that refuse to take contributions for their work, and only ask the community to pull together and unlock new games.

What games have you unlocked?

You seem to be dodging the question originally asked by this thread

8 minutes ago, enterTheVoid said:

And this is an important topic and deserves to be posted on the most visited subforum, if you move it somewhere else you're trying to hide it and make people forget about it so you can keep operating 

exactly

Edited by jfosheezy

9 minutes ago, Link420 said:

If i don't use paywall then someone else will. There'll always be someone.

Addressing this point specifically, this is a classic false dilemma (

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.
)and what I believe people are trying to say is that, no, there is a third option, that is - for DU to ban ad redirects for the sake of their community.

I make no claims as to if that is good or bad for the community here, just that it’s not valid basis for your argument.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, h2806580 said:

I make no claims as to if that is good or bad for the community here, just that it’s not valid basis for your argument.

It's good for everyone except for link420 and softocobra's wallets

The users get all links with no ads

Darkumbra would be seen as an ok place instead of "that site full of ads". More people using the site equals more people watching and clicking ads promoted directly by darkumbra. More money for darkumbra,

The community could receive more donations to unlock more games. This is money that right now is going to softcobra and link420 pockets.

18 minutes ago, switchdox said:

Like that one post ya'll moved into the wrong section cuz ya'll thought it was homebrew? But it was free downloads

That was me, and it was an honest mistake due to the fact I thought it was a CDNSP download, not game downloads via CDNSP. Besides, I moved it right back to the right forum. It has nothing to do with this thread being in the wrong section.

The problem Link meant is that this truly IS the wrong section, since this forum is meant to have links download switch games only.