Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
badman112

Final Fantasy 7 Mods

Question

15 answers to this question

  • 0
Posted (edited)

i think having just the remako or the remake + chaos model is good enough :)

 

edit: were you able to get it working on your sxos?

Edited by rockxsean
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

A little update their is a Mod called FF7NT the NT meaning New threat here is what it does and i have been told this is ready to just inject where its meant to be as i still have not messed around with it. It works with Atmosphere maybe people on SXOS can dual boot using Hakate (spelling). Some have got it working on SXOS but it always has to do with the location where you put them on the SD card.

100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not

BY NO MEANS THIS IS MY WORK CREDIT IS DUE TO THE MOD MAKER AND THE PERSON WHO CONVERTED THIS SO ITS PLAYABLE ON SWITCH PEOPLE HAVE CONFIRMED THIS WORKING BUT NOT FINISHED THE ENTIRE GAME FOR BUGS ECT.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR GAME BUGS GLITCHES MAKE SURE TO BACK UP EVERYTHING.

 

Here below is a link to the converted file shamefully taken off another forum

Hidden Content

    Like this post to see the hidden content.

Edited by badman112
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Update turns out the remako hd version wont work as good as it should due to the limitations of the switch.

Their are other HD overhauls but they also need a bit of conversions so we just going to have to wait.

 

Anyhow here is a ready version of other stuff that again this is as good as your going to get for now a few mods mixed in together. Again just drop it into the right place and it should be good to go.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY WORK CREDIT IS DUE TO THE PEOPLE WHO HELP US OUT

 

New Threat
ChaOS
Anxious Heart .ogg OST

Extract to atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles. This is for the English version. No idea how to change it for other languages, sorry.

Hidden Content

    Like this post to see the hidden content.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Just to let everyone know using checkpoint or some memory save backer and extracting the save files from FF7.

You can easily use something like blackchocobo save editor that will let you edit to your hearts content if you some how manage to mess your save up or game.

Here is the link from another forum

Hidden Content

    Like this post to see the hidden content.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, rockxsean said:

i think having just the remako or the remake + chaos model is good enough :)

 

edit: were you able to get it working on your sxos?

Yeah they work on sxos just place the already ones in the sxos titles where your cheats go in folder or along side them. The thing about sxos is the layeredfs is broken and Atmosphere does a better job so i wont be surprised if sxos has glitches.

 

Hd remako does work but it has to be down scalled so even getting one graphic to be the wrong size will cause error.

Have no worries because their are better ones their and also now testing the full screen battle like ff13 style and all the text speeches. So when thats done i will post them if it works.

What we really need is full screen so far some claim to say they got it to stretch so 16.9 not perfect but its a start.

 

Btw i will also in future be covering ff9 mods too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, badman112 said:

Yeah they work on sxos just place the already ones in the sxos titles where your cheats go in folder or along side them. The thing about sxos is the layeredfs is broken and Atmosphere does a better job so i wont be surprised if sxos has glitches.

 

Hd remako does work but it has to be down scalled so even getting one graphic to be the wrong size will cause error.

Have no worries because their are better ones their and also now testing the full screen battle like ff13 style and all the text speeches. So when thats done i will post them if it works.

What we really need is full screen so far some claim to say they got it to stretch so 16.9 not perfect but its a start.

 

Btw i will also in future be covering ff9 mods too.

21

hmm.. i still cant get it to work for some reason. and yeah i placed the id of the folder into the sxos>titles>"id of the game(extraction from the downloaded file)" 

nothing seemed to change in terms of the model or the background of the hd-ness :s im currently using sxos 2.61 beta on 7.01 fw

 

edit: which sxos are you currently using, and what official firmware are you on btw?

Edited by rockxsean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, rockxsean said:

hmm.. i still cant get it to work for some reason. and yeah i placed the id of the folder into the sxos>titles>"id of the game(extraction from the downloaded file)" 

nothing seemed to change in terms of the model or the background of the hd-ness :s im currently using sxos 2.61 beta on 7.01 fw

 

edit: which sxos are you currently using, and what official firmware are you on btw?

I'm in the same boat as you. I've modded Skyrim before and it worked but since it was Skyrim and I was tired of it crashing because I had the habit of looking at the screen I decided to get rid of it. I don't think I've modded anything since and I've updated my sx os to 2.5.2 (I'm not on the newest version since I've read that 2.6 breaks layeredfs so that might be what you are experiencing perhaps?). I'll try to mod Skyrim again and see if mods work on my version and then we can work from there to see what makes ff7 not work for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, rockxsean said:

hmm.. i still cant get it to work for some reason. and yeah i placed the id of the folder into the sxos>titles>"id of the game(extraction from the downloaded file)" 

nothing seemed to change in terms of the model or the background of the hd-ness :s im currently using sxos 2.61 beta on 7.01 fw

 

edit: which sxos are you currently using, and what official firmware are you on btw?

EDIT: Apparently these mods so far only work with the english version so i have been told. Im guessing hence the same ID.

 

Im on 7.1 OFW and sxos latest beta version from TX site. BTW i manually put the update in from TX and not ran a wifi update.

 

Yes my directory looks like this

sxos/title/0000xxxx <-------------- Thats the whole mod file.

Im not sure if this matters but i am using the .nsp one and not an .xci one.

 

Are you trying the one with chaOS, NT and OST one as its about 3xxmb because im using that one and so far it works fine.

Edited by badman112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 minutes ago, badman112 said:

EDIT: Apparently these mods so far only work with the english version so i have been told. Im guessing hence the same ID.

 

Im on 7.1 OFW and sxos latest beta version from TX site. BTW i manually put the update in from TX and not ran a wifi update.

 

Yes my directory looks like this

sxos/title/0000xxxx <-------------- Thats the whole mod file.

Im not sure if this matters but i am using the .nsp one and not an .xci one.

 

Are you trying the one with chaOS, NT and OST one as its about 3xxmb because im using that one and so far it works fine.

the one i downloaded from the link youve provided was from the mega and it was 600mb i just dragged the whole folder from the id there lol i didn't know how to distinguish which one was which :s can you seperate them out so that it's easier to tell which one is which lols xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I used the homebrew that lets me transfer things to my SD card without turning off the switch, I wonder if that would affect it? Hey badman how has the latest sx update been treating you? No issues or anything? Maybe I should update and try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×