Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
ScottyTheVideoGamer

[PS3 Review] Natural Doctrine

1 post in this topic

Introduction
Natural Doctrine is a 2014 tactical role-playing game by Kadokawa Games for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

Life lesson folks sometimes it may be best to check reviews before jumping right into a game even though sometimes I got lucky with Shadow Hearts which is an amazing game, but then there are other times like Trappi which was shit and you should know where I'm heading with this one....

Graphics/Sound
Graphics are terrible, now I'm not one who tends to focus on graphics
but I do believe in standards per console, 
this... looks below par ps2 graphics they probably should have gone more anime 
rather than more realisitic, even if this was a launch title it would still be bad but it is a 2014 game.

Sound nothing to complain about and nothing to praise about.

Gameplay
Game play was interesting but flawed and with the rest of the game is not great or worse then the game play does not really matter as it is certainly not amazing. It tried taking gameplay elements from likes of xcom and fire emblem series. I would much rather play any of those games rather than this. It is an alright strategy rpg game which of course you need to have good strategy to win but I just do not care.

Story
Story & characters are not interesting at all. In rpg games story it is kinda a must.

Here it is almost non existent as the game seemed to be more focusing on getting you to the game play. Then its with characters that I feel like I don't really know them...

The setting is within a universe where humans fight other races with magic and swords. Within a world of chaos, humans built the fortress city Feste as their home, and fought against other species. The protagonist, Geoff, is a guard soldier set out to clear out goblin dens to grant access to resources important for humankind.

That sounds actually kinda interesting but it never gets into it and a wasted chance as it never build from it as it is just a short excuse for each battle and never goes in deep of what could have actually been a good story.

Play Time/Replayability
Does this really matter, do you want to suffer? I tried 2 hours but I just did not overly enjoy my time.

Final Recommendation

Battle system is interesting but not great and that alone is not enough.

My Score for Natural Doctrine is a 3/10 
there's much better strategy rpg games than this.