Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
ScottyTheVideoGamer

[PS3 Review] Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

1 post in this topic

Introduction

Not really sure what to say this game kinda left me speechless.

This game is certainly made by Suda 51. And I think this game tops any of their madness before! 

Graphics/Sound

Graphics are great nice anime look, good effects in the gameplay and cut scenes as well looks professional as if it was an actual anime

Gameplay

I really liked the different game play elements at certain points of the game like usually during boss fights. "Most stages of the game involve Ranko running to the right of the stage, being chased. On the level's path are various enemies that can be defeated, which charges up Ranko's ammo in her sniper-violin, which can be used to shoot her pursuer if they get too close." There are different paths to take which is nice but other than affecting the difficulty it does not really do much else.

Story

Story started off really well it was about a girl named Ranko. Secretly she is an assassin who plans on killing her evil father to avenge her mother's death. Then she was being chased by a group and having to do a different job then it all kicked off from there. Like it really started promising 

but then the story got really bizzare confusing and weird it is by suda51 afterall so you can always expect it to be a bit bizzare but this... this reaches a whole new level by miles) then it suddenly went on to the final boss, Far too short of a game and I wished the story continued how it started without that... not even sure what to call it. madness!

Play Time/Replayability
1hr and there isnt much replay value with previously mentioned alternative paths do nothing.

Only real replay value is to try and get the trophies but even then aparently it would only take 5 hours and it was not worth it for me to try, especially with how the game ended.

Final Recommendation

At the start it showed promise but then.... it went.... a-wall

My Score: 4/10

Game was fun until it left your heading scratching....