Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Nerkun

Do I update when I get the prompt upon starting a new game?

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi guys. I'd appreciate some help here. My OFW is 6.2.0. My SX OS is v2.5.3. I recently downloaded Katana Zero and Motal Kombat 11. Katana Zero requires an update to start the game, and Mortal Kombat asks for an update in game or I can't start the game modes, campaign or anything. Is there a way for me to play these? I read something about some tinfoil app which goes around the update requests?

Sometimes I get "New update is Available" when I start a game, and other times I get System Update is required to start the game. 

Can anyone give me some help to understand my options?  

Edited by Nerkun

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hello man, i've recently update the  boot.dat at the 2.7.1 beta sx os and update the firmware at the 8.1 with Choujin (i don't remember the exact name, but you'll find it in the official sx os forum). Some games requires the latest firmware like Dragons Dogma, Okami HD for example. Hope it will help you

Sorry for my eventually bad English :D

Edited by ziorick1987
  • Like 1

The current SX OS is compatible with all released firmwares. Update SX OS to the newest beta, and then

For "system update required" Update your OS:

And for game updates, find the file somewhere on this forum or elsewhere, then install the .nsp update via Tinfoil, SX Installer, Goldleaf, or other installer of choice. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, kimnat said:

The current SX OS is compatible with all released firmwares. Update SX OS to the newest beta, and then

For "system update required" Update your OS:

And for game updates, find the file somewhere on this forum or elsewhere, then install the .nsp update via Tinfoil, SX Installer, Goldleaf, or other installer of choice. 

Man thank you so much for the help. It was exactly what I needed to clear all confusion.