Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
ScottyTheVideoGamer

[PS4 Review] Horizon Zero Dawn

1 post in this topic

Introduction

Horizon Zero Dawn is an action role-playing game developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It was released for the PlayStation 4 in early 2017. Made by Guerrilla Games who are known for the Killzone games and they try something really different here, but one thing that remains is the quality of their work.

Graphics/Sound

The graphics are amazing, really good. everything from the scenery, characters and the machines. I'm blown away by them many times throughout the game. Def. close to being (if not) the best on PS4.

Everything is high detail. Nice range of characters and scenery which does and shows different things but all done really well.

Gameplay

I really enjoyed the gameplay the combat it is excellent with different ways to approach. With various weapons many which are different to each other unique and fun. Also with the possibility to stealth or try to override machines is great also. Combining the great graphics and sound this game is for sure a treat to play. There is plenty of exloring to do in the vast world of Horizon Zero Dawn.
One minor issue I had is sometimes it is hard to see what you can climb up on (not clearly visible)

Which lead me wandering around and around getting a bit frustrated.

Story

Story is excellent although it did take me a bit to get into. Also I felt while the many side quests are great but I felt that some of the cutscenes during the side quests were not with the same care as other cut scenes. That would not be too bad but then adding that some scenes lasted why too long and it ended up feeling like a bit of mumbo jumbo and ended up slightly distracting from the main story.

But please note that there are multiple side quests that have great side stories. Overall great but there parts it could have done without or just trimmed down a bit.

Play Time/Replayability

Fantastic game length I spent many many hours playing this game (50+).

This is a game where you do not need a guide to 100% it which I really welcome and I always felt motivated to try and complete everything. Also the trophies are good as they are not awkward to get but simply need to complete the game. I believe there is a fantastic amount of play time value. Although it is not a game I would probably replay any time soon but do not let that distract from how great this game is.

Final Recommendation

If you can not tell by now i really enjoyed this game. Is it perfect? No but it is a pretty damn good game and a must play for the ps4.

My Score for Horizon Zero Dawn is a 9/10

After a slightly shaky start, this game really excels in many areas. It brings a new and unique experience with amazing visuals and gameplay with a pretty good story to back it up.

If you have a ps4 seriously go buy it if you have not already ;)