Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
ScottyTheVideoGamer

[WiiU Review] Mario Kart 8

1 post in this topic

Well what do I have to say about Mario Kart 8 it's almost perfect

Biggest flaw is the battle mode is lame its just using the normal courses (which okay maybe is nice option to have)

but as the only options and not to have the courses at all like the ones in mario kart 64 (which i still play from time to time even now) is sad

i would've loved to see updated graphic ones of the mario kart 64 battle courses or any battle courses similiar to the previous games

maybe they'll have it in dlc or updates i hope so but sad that they didnt have it for release which in some ways i think is lazy

because to have battle mode online would be much better with proper battle courses

next are more minor things

like still same amount of courses its not im complaining but why? couldn't they have more courses this time?

or why not more classic courses because some of them with updated graphics would be amazing

since certain classic courses from mk wii you cant play online anymore

again maybe dlc but sad not to have more courses

courses are cool the new main ones are very cool i think they show off

but i'm kinda dissapointed with the classic courses

like in other mario kart games they more memorable or more lively

some just feel a bit generic/plain and boring although there was a few that looked amazing

graphics are amazing best looking mario game ever best looking wiiu game i'm very impressed with it

its sad nintendo didnt start with 3d world or kart 8 because it couldve made things different for wiiu

nintendo's recent games have shown what the wiiu can do

Although I do wish that there was more customization

Like it would've been cool to something like the mii editor but a special one in mario kart 8 so anyone could create more characters

Because one of my favourite kart games Modnation Racers there was no limits i was able to make any character batman, teen titans, firefly characters like anything!

My Score: 8.5/10

I would put up this score for sure if they fix some of the things i've mentioned and no captain toad :(

--------

Just doing a follow up to my earlier review which I posted here now I focus more online and a few other things

Online is good but could be better with a bit more

1- 

I like the option to go into a race and you can play as many as you want until you want to quit after a race

but I didn't like there was no quick option to do a quick grand prix where your locked in for 4 courses

it would've been cool because it would show the most consistent player in 4 races rather than 1 separate race each time

because I'm very good I usually get 3rd sometimes 2nd and 1st very rare times 5th and only once higher than 5th

there's nothing to show for it other than your points tally which is okay but like I said could be better

menu options should then be for example 1st option free to play 2nd quick grand prix 3rd tourament 4th battle mode etc...

2-

Although not online specific, battle mode still sucks come on nintendo

to have battle mode and online would've been awesome IF you had battle arenas rather than the normal courses....

3-

Online Stats there's really no good interesting stats unless if I'm missing it would've been good for example

how many times you finished each position wished for more detailed stats about race results

there some stats in the menu via - but kinda sucks and doesn't represent how good you are

4- A good side is that it is stable I played the sports club before and remember how I encountered many issues in that game

although it has improve but still not great (went off topic) but anyways here in MK8 its grand never had issues

5- one thing i can kinda pick on is that it can take a while to get into a race, it was quicker in mk7

there hasnt been a time yet where i'm able to jump in and alot i have to wait sometimes a full race but good thing is after there is no long waiting or anything but it can take a small time to get into next race when its waiting more players or for people to decide

6- Even though I'm happy about the dlc as it does add new characters & courses even though I did felt slightly that they could've done more before

but I also feel that they can do much more like why stop at link or animal crossing (once it releases in may 2015)

I like mario tanooki but wished he was already in the game, also where's the cat version of everyone ?

why not captain toad... he's in a new recent nintendo game but they didnt give me a slot in mario kart 8 kinda weird because I would've released as an unlock or free dlc if you have bought captain toad wouldn't that have been a good idea

I understand why they wouldn't do bayonetta but theres many more possibilites like sonic pokemon fire emblem

characters from smash bros or other franchises as guests to promote games its just seems such a good idea which nintendo didnt do or even think of

aiimbo support is cool but wished it gave you those characters rather than dress up

7- One other thing that I noticed was not in MK8 but was in another earlier mk game apparently was  you can't make a custom emblem which is disappointing because it would've been cool to have the DU logo I understand why it's not in it probably because people abused it in the last game but still...

My Review Score For Online is 7.5/10

It works but I felt it could've been better

Like I don't mean to be critical but I felt that these things just stop MK8 from being forever legendary