Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

swosho

Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen UNDUB (rePatch folder only)

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

As copy-and-past-y kind of an undub as they come. There's still some English audio left, it's all sound effects type of audio clips and there's sound-effects-kind-of-speech among those. I consider the game to be passably ~95% undubbed.

DL (424MB):

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

If you have a EU version of the game: delete the reAddcont folder, rename the PCSE00015 folder to PCSB00049.

Update 2019-09-08: No more stray English lines in the cutscenes.

Edited by swosho
  • Like 10

Thanks, I heard the dub was horrible for this game.

• Like 1

@mcall

Besides that, it's

◯ a Japanese game

◯ that set in feudal Japan

◯ prequel to which had dual-audio just like that

╳ yet this one is English-only, wtf

╳ it lacks that terrific level editor to boot

You can't imagine my frustration at the time I finally gave this game a go. English VO is so out of place here and plain sounds goofy.

Update: Japanese audio in all of the cutscenes. Forgot to include the StreamPackEventBGM.dat previously, sorry about that.

Though the English sfx are still left over as before. The game won't play back neither the vanilla Japanese nor hex-edited nsp audio banks no matter what, unfortunately. What's bizarre is that it's likely (judging by the header) due to the sample rate differences between the sfx audio in Japanese and western versions of the game. It is what it is for now, I hope I'll figure something out for this eventually.

Edited by swosho