Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
HomeStarRunnerTron

PictoParty [APQE5S] (deleted from e-Shop) - AUGUST v1.2 UPDATE [Multi]

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

EDIT 08/12/2019: Okay, so, I just found a copy of v1.2 which runs WAY better in comparison to that old copy that's down there. I'm going to leave that all down there for anybody who wants to play the original version, for some reason. This v1.2 version works WITHOUT all the hassle & fassle!

For this one, you can either choose to download it for Loadiine:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

... or download it to the NAND/USB:

Hidden Content

With one important caveat: if you're making custom dictionaries, and you'd like to use a USB keyboard, I could never get that running in Loadiine. Only by installing it to NAND/USB. And it can get tiring to type so many words on the touchpad after a while!

(Also, I tried super-hard to find a way to simply edit & exchanged JSON files from inside my saves, since it just saved the dictionaries as a JSON file. Even changing one letter in the JSON permanently breaks the game.)

Again, if you're playing it through Loadiine, put the Loadiine-specified folder on your SD card, in the "games" folder in your "wiiu" folder. Then just boot Loadiine.

If you're installing it, put it into a folder in the SD root called "Install" with a capital I. Then install through your WUP installer of choice. (And if you're using Haxchi, make sure to boot once all the way through, THEN boot into Homebrew Channel by holding down A. Otherwise it'll say you don't have a sig to install.)

Anyway, this new version is wonderful-- it doesn't require both to be installed, it can boot both in Loadiine & on your system just fine (It'll just start with one error message due to Miiverse not existing, but that's it!)... and it also has some updated functions, like using Miis for avatars in-game, which I love!

---

EDIT 07/29/2019: With a little trial-and-error, I figured out an absolutely bizarre & miraculous way to get this game running, and it involves playing the game through Loadiine GX2 AFTER additionally installing through a WUP installer! As far as I've seen, it cannot work JUST by using the Loadiine GX2 copy or JUST by installing the WUP. It has to be BOTH.

To just give a rundown of my own situation with my Wii U, I bought Brain Age on the eShop and used that to get Haxchi installed. It's super-cheap & affordable & perhaps the best thing I've ever done in the way of homebrewing. Anyway, I know that's not the only way to do that, so just know you have to get to the point where you can install WUPs before you go any further. Then...

1 ) Unzip this folder: 

Hidden Content

2 ) Put this folder on your SD card, most probably in a folder you'll create labelled "Install". (Capital I.)

3 ) Unzip this folder: 

Hidden Content

4 ) Also put this folder on your SD card, in the "games" folder in your "wiiu" folder.

5 ) Boot up your Wii U and do whatever you need to for installing WUPs to work. For me, I have to boot Haxchi once, wait, then boot Haxchi again holding B in order to open the Homebrew Channel, then use WUP Installer GX2.

6 ) Install the folder "00050000101db100". I installed it on Nand, but it didn't seem to change anything when I moved it to the USB side afterward.

7 ) IMPORTANT: Do NOT open the PictoParty app that you just installed. It will not work-- it'll just get stuck on an infinite update loop that it can't do, since PictoParty doesn't exist anymore. Plus, I think if you do that, it corrupts the file. (When I opened it, the name of the app turned to "???" in the Data section of Settings. If you do open it on accident, and it ruins things, just delete all corresponding files on your Nand or USB & repeat.)

8 ) Install/open Loadiine GX2, then boot PictoParty in this program, on default settings. For me, I knew that it actually worked when it made it to the Start Menu, and it didn't just freeze after the Retroid logo & language picker.

pictoparty4rillz.thumb.jpg.9985be5c390becd79efc2475ddd58192.jpg

Hope this helps someone else who has a mighty need to play larger, more customizable versions of Pictionary! :  )

[As a heads-up, this copy of the game is multi-language, and the language can be changed at any time in the options section! There's English, German, French, Swedish, Spanish, & Italian. And, of course, the game comes with the ability to create your own dictionary, so... technically, if you put in enough work, it can be any language you'd like, when it comes to the content itself.]

Edited by HomeStarRunnerTron
  • Like 6

Thanks a lot for this! I only recently tried the Game and Wario pictionary game with some friends and loved it, so finding out that THIS game exists is amazing! Thanks for your hard work and detailed tutorial. I'll go with the updated one however haha. Have a good day!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, hshamsedin said:

Thanks a lot for this! I only recently tried the Game and Wario pictionary game with some friends and loved it, so finding out that THIS game exists is amazing! Thanks for your hard work and detailed tutorial. I'll go with the updated one however haha. Have a good day!

Oh, man, thank you so much! :  ) I was starting to think what I posted was of no worth to anyone, hahaha. I've tried Scribble & Sketch Wars, and this is definitely the best of the bunch. Also, I'm in the same boat: I got into this because of how much I loved Game & Wario's Sketch game. Some people on GBATemp started a discussion about hacking it to have more words, and one guy in this thread has actually done that: 

Hidden Content