Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShadowPuppet

New Chat lays the frameworks for iPhone/iPad DU App

125 posts in this topic

Any plans to add DUtunes again? I liked that feature :)

DUTunes? As in the radio thing we had?

Is it something you listen to music to and use DU at the same time?

It was basically a streaming radio station. Don't think it's really a high priority bringing it back lol. We all have music players built into the machines we browse on where we can play our own music anyhow. I don't mind it coming back I just think we need other stuff added and fixed first. Like, those new emoticons STILL don't work in the shoutbox :hurry:

ok so I mentioned earlier that the new chat doesn't or stopped working in the chrome browser for Android...  well I downloaded Firefox for Android and it's working in that...  I'll try clearing cache again in chrome and report back

@JasonP27 - I haven't checked because I'm lazy, but can't you just change the user agent in Chrome for android phones/tablets? Have you tried changing the user agent to FireFox in Chrome to see if it would work?

not that I can find JJ

those new emotes still don't work... does that mean the new server/chat has been up all this time without crashing or needing a restart? unlike the previous DU Live chat lol

well I was sure we had this emote before but I couldn't find it so I added it

:alcoholic: - : alcoholic:

can't you simply* edit the emoticon chooser button thingy to send the output of the emoticon clicked to the textarea of the shoutbox like so?

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

or at least something like that... I looked at the source code of the window that opens when clicking the emoticon button and then found the class name of the textarea of the shoutbox and changed the JavaScript to target the the shoutbox textarea instead of the default whatever it may be... and yes I know it's not all right... you could remove the useless rich text editor crap and just use the innerHTML method.... but you get the idea

* much more simple for you than anyone else here....

I could do that yes, the issue is not so much getting the bbcode equivalent of an emoticon into the text box it's that I have an emoticons cache set up in the MongoDB that the chat uses. I have to import new emoticons manually...