Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

ShadowPuppet

Shoutbox Conduct

17 posts in this topic

I want to take a minute to address the recent shoutbox shenanigans that have taken place over the last few days and overall over the last few months. People seem to be forgetting that this is an all-ages community. 

I want to remind everyone that what is said in shoutbox needs to be kept at a PG rated level. That isn't to say that cussing/swearing is ruled out entirely because, let's face it, the internet is full of it, but we ask that you keep your remarks to a minimum. Under no circumstances should any cussing be directed at another member of any kind. 

Because of recent events the following rules will be amended to the DU Official Rules. I encourage everyone to go back and re-educate themselves on what you've signed up for when you joined DU.

Effective immediately, any shoutbox fighting/drama will result in an immediate shoutbox ban. The duration of the ban will range from a MINIMUM of 3 days to 2 weeks at the staff's discretion. 

After your ban has been lifted should you cause more drama/fight with other members, you will be immediately and irrevocably perma-banned from the shoutbox. 

Continuing to harass members via PM or through other means not necessarily on-site will earn you a site-wide perma-ban.

There are no exceptions to these rules.

To reiterate, DU is a family site to be used by anyone of any age, gender, race, status; there are no discriminations. As such, we need to keep the site as all-ages friendly as possible. Parents should feel comfortable with their children browsing our community and to do that, rules need to be put in place and enforced.

Cheers,

Shad

• Like 5

Great stuff.  Seems to me some people do not understand the meaning of the word "community".  Keep up the good work

• Like 4

The last thing DU needs is for that to be in chat. Makes you wonder how many people don't participate just because of behavior like that. I know if I saw my kids on a site with that going on he would not be visiting again for sure. Rest assured @Normanity it will not happen again.

• Like 3

I've seen comments from members about what has been said in chat and actually said that is the reason why they do not participate in the chat. Now that one of the main problems is finally freakin gone, I think we can all move on and be....

http://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

• Like 3

This is great, for the part about parents should feel comfortable with kids browsing the site, because, well, you know, I am 12 years old and my dad is a bit concerned.

• Like 2

It is nice to see that you have people checking to make sure DU stays great place to chat and hang out. Who needs that extra troll drama? Not this guy. ^^