ShadowPuppet

DU 4.0 Bugs

4.0 Feedback   74 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. How's the speed of the site for you guys? (times are for loading of the home page)

• Garbage (10+ seconds)
    • Poor (7-9 seconds)
    • Okay (5-6 seconds)
    • Good (3-4 seconds)
    • Excellent!! (< 2 seconds)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

85 posts in this topic

Apparently the settings are correct already. I believe @ShadowPuppet corrected this issue days ago and I just forgot lol. I'll test that a Guest can no longer post.

edit: confirmed fixed, guests cannot post in that topic anymore... I deleted the offending post as well

Edited by JasonP27
1 person likes this

Apparently the settings are correct already. I believe @ShadowPuppet corrected this issue days ago and I just forgot lol. I'll test that a Guest can no longer post.

edit: confirmed fixed, guests cannot post in that topic anymore... I deleted the offending post as well

Thanks, I do have more posts from guests in different threads but I'm not too worried

I've been looking at a few more threads in edit mode, it seems when editing the post goes straight into Full Edit mode skipping normal mode, I guess that's what it's doing as the thread title can be edited

Guests can see the board and content but cannot download anything as hide tags are required for content links. You must reply to see links, guests cannot reply to the topics. ;)

I was unaware that the editor in 4.0 lacked full mode. Perhaps @ShadowPuppet can explain this. There may be an option somewhere that needs enabled, or it may just not exist.

The full editor doesn't exist anymore because the editor is standardized across all areas of the site. The forum will intelligently decide to use either a quick editor or a full one based on the complexity of the post. Example, shorter posts with less images, content, etc will likely use an inline quick editor whereas large threads will go straight to the "full" one. 

Thanks, I do have more posts from guests in different threads but I'm not too worried

I've been looking at a few more threads in edit mode, it seems when editing the post goes straight into Full Edit mode skipping normal mode, I guess that's what it's doing as the thread title can be edited

See above about the editor. If you see any guest posts, please report them so we can clean them up! :D

1 person likes this

Hide Tags Glitch

I have noticed a glitch in some posts where the content is outside the hidden area

For example – this post http://darkumbra.net/forums/topic/54023-android-apk-games-requests/

oYpn2yV.png 

So this would make you think that the author of the post has put the hide tags in the wrong place – but when I click the edit button everything is in order.  Then, when I click to save the edit – even though I haven’t edited anything – everything is as it should be

IucKBBz.png 

1 person likes this

Hide Tags Glitch

I have noticed a glitch in some posts where the content is outside the hidden area

For example – this post http://darkumbra.net/forums/topic/54023-android-apk-games-requests/

oYpn2yV.png 

So this would make you think that the author of the post has put the hide tags in the wrong place – but when I click the edit button everything is in order.  Then, when I click to save the edit – even though I haven’t edited anything – everything is as it should be

IucKBBz.png 

@mastershoes reported seeing the same thing, I wonder how wide-spread the issue is.

Edited by JasonP27

The full editor doesn't exist anymore because the editor is standardized across all areas of the site. The forum will intelligently decide to use either a quick editor or a full one based on the complexity of the post. Example, shorter posts with less images, content, etc will likely use an inline quick editor whereas large threads will go straight to the "full" one. 

See above about the editor. If you see any guest posts, please report them so we can clean them up! :D

thanks, will do

@JasonP27 haven't found any more screw ups with hidden content

Maybe we just fix em as we find em

Tagging you in this message didn't work though

@JasonP27 haven't found any more screw ups with hidden content

Maybe we just fix em as we find em

Tagging you in this message didn't work though

@Normanity You have to make sure to pick them from the dropdown that appears when you hit @ and start typing a name. Otherwise they won't be tagged