Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

ShadowPuppet

DUTag is Back!

35 posts in this topic

ShadowPuppet    1639

DUTag Back Online!

DUTag is now working again so you can update your tag from your favourite backup loader again! Tags will also display properly on websites. 

With the pre-launch of the new updated DUTag platform, we are breathing life back into DUTag. We will announce more details shortly but for now, keep playing your games! :D

Oh and as a bonus, we're launching a brand new template layout as well ;) You can see what that looks like below:

ShadowPuppet.jpg

• Like 5

Larsenv↑    50122

Awesome.

What's the link to edit my DUTag? Since things have changed a little...

:P

ShadowPuppet    1639

Looks good buddeh!

The DUTag link at the bottom of the site seems to be broken. Just an FYI. :)

Not broken :) The panel just doesn't exist yet haha.

Awesome.

What's the link to edit my DUTag? Since things have changed a little...

:P

See above. The system is operational but the management pages aren't yet on DU. Almost done building them :)

• Like 1

ShadowPuppet    1639

I think it would be appropriate to say this here:

I found out why DUTag won't update - I just found this URL that the Wii was trying to request using my brand-new Shuriken USB (a clone of USB Gecko, a debugging tool.)

http://tag.darkumbra.net/update/key/HAFE

Going to that URL in my browser gives me a 403 error, even when logged into DU:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

I see that:

http://tag.darkumbra.net/key.update=HAFE

Redirects to the former URL...

I know it's supposed to update games now, but this explains why it isn't.

Doesn't DUTag use PHP or something to update the games and such? :)

Larssen, you have no idea how the new system works so there's no use trying to troubleshoot the problem for me :P That's my job haha.

DUTag updates just fine from both URLs. I know this because I've tested it. You are seeing 403 because you cannot update DUTag from the browser. It has to be updated from a supported loader. Shuriken USB isn't one of the allowed loaders at this time. I will have to add it. Try updating your tag from WiiFlow; you will see different results :P

Also, don't post your key publicly.

Larsenv↑    50122

Fixed the post. :P

Shuriken USB is not a USB Loader, it's a debugging tool.

I got my URL using it, and I'll just wait until the thing gets fixed.

By the way, as the Wii font used in the new DUTag (Continuum) is overused nowadays by people who think it looks similar to the Wii logo, I made a better font (but I have to fix some things on it) used on some of the Wii U's logos...

I merged characters in Century Gothic Pro and Constellation Pro and fixed something on the "e" character, and I think it would be cooler to have since it's more like the "real" Wii font.

Example of it:

1.jpg

If you wanna work something out and use this one instead that'd be cool. Looks like it matches better, rright?

Edited by Larsenv
  • Like 1

ShadowPuppet    1639

Fixed the post. :P

Shuriken USB is not a USB Loader, it's a debugging tool.

I got my URL using it, and I'll just wait until the thing gets fixed.

By the way, as the Wii font used in the new DUTag (Continuum) is overused nowadays by people who think it looks similar to the Wii logo, I made a better font (but I have to fix some things on it) used on some of the Wii U's logos...

I merged characters in Century Gothic Pro and Constellation Pro and fixed something on the "e" character, and I think it would be cooler to have since it's more like the "real" Wii font.

Example of it:

Hidden Content

Like this post to see the hidden content.

If you wanna work something out and use this one instead that'd be cool. Looks like it matches better, rright?

I know it's not a USB loader haha but it's calling DUTag regardless and will need to be allowed.

The DUTag font wasn't chosen because it looks close to anything haha but I like your font choice as well. Does it support special characters? The font will need to support all standard accents.

Also, I've setup some logging to log invalid loaders so that I can add ones that are valid. When you get a sec, go ahead and run a game from Shuriken USB again.

ShadowPuppet    1639

Hey Shad - Any plans on adding any of the other new templates?

Side note: The some of the layers seem messed up in my current tag. 

There are three new templates coming with DUTag 4.0 :)

Which layers? Looks fine to me?