Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith.genesis.raven

[PS VITA / PS TV] How To Install Henkaku [3.60fw only]

65 posts in this topic

IMPORTANT Firmware Update 3.61 has been released.

Do NOT update to 3.61 or anything above 3.60 if you want to keep HENkaku!

Vitamin, a tool for dumps games has been officially released by hacker TheFloW
This now means that everyonehas the means to make and play game backups on their PS Vita.

*Requires a PS Vita on 3.60*Henkaku has been released for firmware 3.60.

Visit the following link below in the internet browser application on the ps vita to install the hack.

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

You should either see an error or the "welcome to HENkaku" alert screen.

(The odd time it may give an error if so just keep trying)

After when you have successfully installed HENkaku you will have a new bubble on your Vita home screen called "molecularShell", start it

With "molecularShell" you are able to browse through the storage on your Vita and it also has a built-in FTP server which you can use by pressing Select (while in molecularShell).

Games and other homebrew apps are in .vpk format which you can install in "molecularShell".

So you will have to transfer the files to your PS Vita via FTP or QCMA and then install them inmolecularShell.

You need to transfer them any folder in "ux0:" for example I made a folder called "packages" and I just put the vpk files I wanted to install there.

Download any ftp client on and for your pc for example winscp

Hidden Content
You'll be able to see the hidden content once you reply to this topic.

1) Make sure you install a suitable FTP manager on your PC/Android device. (I'm gonna leave iOS out for the simple reason of that I have little-to-no experience with iPhone FTP apps)
I highly recommend WinSCP for PC, and TurboFTP for your Android device, as they work with almost no fuss or fiddling around with settings!

I will leave it up to you to configure the site for connecting to your Vita. (Just press select on your Vita while in VitaShell and it will tell you the IP address and port to set up the site to connect to!)

2) After you have set up your respective FTP manager, connect to your Vita (make sure to stay on the "now running FTP server" screen, or press X to have it run in the background) and the FTP manager on your PC/Android device should display all the main partitions within the Vita.

3) [OPTIONAL] Navigate to ux0: in the manager, and create a folder (preferably called "VPK") to store all of your incoming VPK files in.

4) Back on the PC/Android device, send over your downloaded VPK file of choice to the desired location on your Vita. Then close the FTP window on your Vita, and navigate to the folder you placed the VPK into.

5) Press X on the VPK file, and X again to confirm the installation. If you get a window saying "This app will gain higher priveliges and may be dangerous", think twice about what you just downloaded/transferred, and hit X once again to really confirm the installation.

6) When the installation is successful, your app should now show up in the LiveArea with no errors. If you encountered an error while installing the VPK, something is wrong with your file and should try to investigate the issue the best you can, because it could simply be anything...

And that is how you install a VPK with ease!

3 people like this

RESERVED

For using qcma to transfer files quicker compared to ftp you will need to have activate a psn account on your ps vita

*If you have ever signed in before ignore this*

make a new account or use an old one you dont care about just incase

on the initial set up of the ps via when it asks for your psn account it does not update or bother you with anything

so go into recovery mode by holding the power home and r button at the same time

once in recovery mode use the option restore ps vita

then once it reboots go through the initial set up

note able to qcma and transfer via mp4 method but have not figured out psp savedata yet

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, snapcased said:

awesome thanks

just replying to your pm here because i prefer other people to see just incase if it helps them too

----

when your talking about transferring stuff is it legit purchases or backups?

to your other question about vpk installs / running games

only vpk installs, (even though it is possibile to part copy the game files and then install a smaller vpk file)

but no one has provided dumps like that, you always have to install vpk for a game regardless [to get the bubble] and also no real benefit)

i'll try to answer your question about transferring files but depends on what you meant exactly

for transferring stuff i use qcma disable the online check as long as a psn account was activate on the vita it wont nag you to update its fast although not tested it with legit purchased stuff (i use it to transfer vpk (i rename it to .mp4 to transfer then after on vita i rename to .vpk then install ) also i used a psn account which i do not care about very old one which i dont use anymore just incase

i actually have 2 ps vita one for legit ps plus content etc... another specific for henkaku backups etc...

like you can use ftp but it is very slow for transferring backups and for legit purchased games still use qcma but again i dont use it for that, but for transferring vpk files via ftp it was wanting near 1hr 30mins

for danganronpa another episode but via qcma usb renamed to mp4 it only took about 5mins maybe slightly more but it is a huge difference

Great thanks that helps alot, another question I have is I had a psvita for a few years and the battery finally shot so I bought a PSTV thinking they were the same. As you know they are definately not the same so am I out of luck on the games I bought ? Even with whitelist I have no way to access those games thru the actual PsTv? Is there any way around that?

i dont personally have a pstv so i dont know a lot about it but i thought you would be just able to download on the pstv from the psn store not matter if it would run or not run even though with hacks all games can boot but does not mean all work properly, currently henkaku has a 3.61 spoof for psn but it probably wont last and i dont know if its still working or not.

regardless of anything especially for people who have bought content i recommend getting two ps vitas or one vita and one ps tv because we dont know how sony will react, at the moment they are probably enjoying the sales lol but after banhammers etc... are expected and to risk an account with purchased content...

bit risky even if you do not have money right now save up get another psvita etc... then enjoy your games

your purchased games are not going anywhere but in the future getting a ps vita or ps tv on 3.60 or less may become more difficult

like when henkaku came out my ps vita was on 3.60 but i had ps plus same psn account as ps4 and i had bought quite a few games dlc etc.... i cant risk that

i bought an additional ps vita at £55 which it is a good price for a console and well worth it for not risking any purchased content

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0